Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLAM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've bought a Martin Fields iPhone 4S Screen Protector in preparation to my iPhone 4S.

I've received it today and the first thing I noticed was that the packaging is now in a thin paper/card sleeve where as they used to come in plastic blister packaging.

Have I received a fake or has Martin Fields changed its packaging?

Also looking at the rear protector, I noticed it will cover the LED Flash, I know a few of you kind people here are using or have used Martin Fields protectors, does it affect night time shots at all when using the LED Flash?

Can anyone clarify before I do apply the protectors on?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 17102011141.JPG
    17102011141.JPG
    853.6 KB · Views: 96

MLAM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom
yes that;s their new packaging
and it won't make your photos blurry because the protector are very slim
unlike cases that obstruct the LED, this one won't give you any problme, trust me, i've been using martin fields since day 1 of my iPhone 4 :p

Thanks for your feedback :)

So just to confirm, despite it covering up the LED it won't affect night time shots etc then?

MLAM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom
Pleased to here that :)

I got my first Martin Fields Screen Protector for my Sony Ericsson K750i in 2005 (Boy that's a long time ago now!) and my K800i, in fact I only realised I had it on the K800i when I took it off as I sold it!

I've read also for Martin Fields, it has a tiny circular bit of plastic for the actual camera lens too, is that correct?

MLAM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom
I long last finally got one.

But when I take flash shots I get the haze/reflection :(

Have I stuck it on wrong or it does affect it?

Bear807

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
I can asure you this is the genuine packaging and the stuff it came with it, makes it look cheap especially the price you are paying for this. I have used martin field on my galaxy s2 before, and i have to say it has done a very good job in screen clarity, however there are serveal disadvantages. First it get scratches easily, knowing this is introduced in stylus pen pda era, it should be able to withstand scratches. Secondly under indoor light conditions you would see a layer of light wrinkles like the pattern of tiger skin, not impress. thirdly is about the camera layer, i suggest not to put them on, unless you can prevent from touching it, your photo will result is a very heavy light explosion, take you out and you will the difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.