Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
I'm really confused about the Martin Fields iPod Screen Protector. On their website they say it's just a screen protector, but everyone else says it covers the entire iPod. Is it a screen protector or is it like the InvisibleShield?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
iHateWindows said:
I'm really confused about the Martin Fields iPod Screen Protector. On their website they say it's just a screen protector, but everyone else says it covers the entire iPod. Is it a screen protector or is it like the InvisibleShield?
It's much stiffer than the IS and comes in 3 pieces for the front only, one for the face of the iPod, one for the outer ring of the clickwheel and one for the middle of the clickwheel.

The "deluxe" versions also include a piece that covers the flat portion of the back, but do not wrap around the sides like the IS.

I can post a picture of the kit tonight if it's useful.

Note: I only applied the main piece that covers the screen and body of the 'Pod. I like a little friction on the clickwheel and the MF overlay is super glossy. I also don't worry about scratches on the metal back.

B

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
balamw said:
It's much stiffer than the IS and comes in 3 pieces for the front only, one for the face of the iPod, one for the outer ring of the clickwheel and one for the middle of the clickwheel.

The "deluxe" versions also include a piece that covers the flat portion of the back, but do not wrap around the sides like the IS.

B

Then why do they call it a screen protector?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
iHateWindows said:
Then why do they call it a screen protector?
'Cause it protects the screen? :rolleyes:

1) Most of their other products are screen protectors.
2) They're from Japan, does the english have to make sense?

B

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
balamw said:
Hmm is this for the Nano or the 5th gen iPod? I got the MF protector and I didn't get a center button protector (and surprise surprise, it's the only place that has scratches on it :rolleyes: ).

Maybe I should phone in... :confused:

pjfung

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2005
I just put one on my 5g. I really like it. Im glad I didn't have to wait 24 hours to dry, but the IS does have side protection. If the extra money is worth protecting the sides for you, go for the IS. If not, save the cash and get the marin fields.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Here's the pic of the MFscreen protector I promised.

You can see the cover for the front including a donut for the clickwheel and circle for the selection button and the narrower piece for the back.

B

Attachments

• IMG_3823S.JPG
    IMG_3823S.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 93

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England

Attachments

• mf.jpg
    mf.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 115
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.