Marvel Comics app...no comics available?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by technopimp, Apr 4, 2010.

1. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I just downloaded the Marvel app to try out some comics. There's nothing available...nothing. I had to create a Marvel account (which I did), signed in, but in their "store" there is absolutely no content. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. I'm connected to the Internet just fine. Has anyone else successfully used this app?

2. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Interesting problem you have there. Wish I knew what to tell you. I assume that you're connected to your wi-fi and clicked on the STORE button at the bottom.

I downloaded the Marvel app this morning and downloaded a Captain American comic. There are plenty there to buy.

3. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

I've got a half a dozen free comics from it already, there's hundreds of comics in there. Not sure what your doing wrong? Sorry can't be of more help but the program does work.

4. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, to both. Just keeps saying "No Information Found". I mean, this app shouldn't be this hard to use, right? Maybe there store is just down? Would you be able to check to see if you can see stuff right now?

5. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

7. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

8. raremage macrumors 6502a

Just rechecked it and it's working fine for me. Can browse perhaps fifty series of titles.

Not much help I know, but just confirming that the store does appear to be up and is populated with product.

9. Fakejohnsculley macrumors member

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I just downloaded and im seeing the same. No content

11. roybfr macrumors member

Either the app is buggy or they are having network issues as I was having the same problem, but after a few tries it loaded up correctly.

12. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

You have to go into the settings and set up an account. Then, close the app and restart.

13. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did that...also deleted and reinstalled about half a dozen times. Great app. The signup feature alone was terrible (it wouldn't tell you what fields were/weren't required, so if you didn't enter something it would just say "registration failed" so you kept having to guess). Then you still had to go outside the app to activate your account. Just poor design all over IMHO.

Oh well, based on the reports I saw I'm not sure I want to pay $2 for a digital comic anyway.

14. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Tried again now and it's working. Had created an account last night and it still didn't work. Maybe they were having network issues or something.

Now that it does work there is plenty free content and it does seem really cool.

15. Smackfu macrumors newbie

Incidentally, I didn't create an account and was able to see and download free issues.

Think it's just buggy.

16. PorkChopXpress macrumors newbie

I know this is an old post, but just got my iPad 1 today. Was really looking forward to this app, and I got the same exact thing. I cannot get this app to boot up. Keep getting "Downloading Data" or "No Information Found". Anybody have any info on this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

17. gman901 macrumors 6502a

Just subscribe to the Marvel unlimited subscription on your iPad for $60 annually and read all the comics you want on your iPad. The device is great for using the subscription plan!