Marvel vs Capcom 2 - XBLA/PSN

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by -SD-, Apr 28, 2009.

1. -SD- macrumors 6502

It's finally official.

[​IMG]

I believe the release is due sometime in June. There will be a demo available this Thursday on the US PSN and a week or two later on European PSN.

There's lots more information on widescreen mode, sprite filtering, custom sound tracks, online play etc over at the Capcom Unity Blog.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

:apple:

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Been playing the hell out of this on my DC (goes great with the arcade stick :)), dont think I'd buy it again though.

3. Velocifero macrumors newbie

Is it a re-release of the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2? I dunno why else they'd use the same name.

4. -SD- thread starter macrumors 6502

This is the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 with lots of added features and online play. And it's a damn lot cheaper that what the DC or even PS2 versions command.

:apple:

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

So the question is 360 or PS3 version? Are there exclusives to each console?

I'm excited.

Now, if Capcom would just re-release the X-Men fighter game for Sega Saturn. I can't remember what it's called. I'll be happy.

Update: It's X-Men: Children of Atom. Man I loved that game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Children_of_the_Atom_(arcade_game)

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Barring shoddy ports, it's the PS3 version for me. I don't have a joystick and the 360 d-pad is horrid.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm really thinking about getting this but with the beast that is King of Fighters on the horizon I just don't know.

I'll check out the demo and if it brings me that feeling I had when I first played it then I'm all in.

Bless

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I may boycott the game all together just for the fact that damn "exclusive" PSN demo is local multiplayer only.

It would have made more sense to release a single-player only demo with limited characters. :rolleyes:

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's like the bionic commando demo on XBLive. I hate multiplayer only demo's..

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

11. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

There are a number of filters you can use with it to make it look better. The 'smooth' filter does an admirable job I think, but you can't expect perfection, this is a 320x240 game we're talking about here ;).

Aside from online play, probably the best feature will be soundtrack customization. It's time-consuming to make a custom CD-R mix for the Dreamcast, so for fans with a 360/PS3, that will be worth the price of admission alone. Of course, the Dreamcast is the most modern system I have, so I'll be rockin' the original for quite some time.

12. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Bleh.

As long as my old Dreamcast works and the local golfland has it, I'll keep my $60 or however much it will sell for.