Marware C.E.O. Premiere Plus or Marware Glide? (PICS)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rob587, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Both offer great protection. The CEO seems a bit more functional. But the Glide is so sexy. Give me your opinion. Which one should I choose?

Marware Glide (LEFT PIC)

Marware C.E.O. Premiere Plus (RIGHT PIC)

Attached Files:

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I had the CEO holster for the 3G. FWIW, it's a nice case but the velcro is annoying. Pulling out the phone in a quiet environment is a problem. I found a similar case that used magnets which worked much better. Otherwise, i had no issues with the Marware case.

3. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Interesting point. I think theyre really afraid to use magnets becuase of the interference issues. But ill keep that in mind. Thanks.

4. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

It is amazing how something like velcro can make such a difference but it is true. Most people wouldn't think of that until they were in the situation.

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

6. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Don't want one.

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I'm definitely interested in the Premiere, but the deal breaker for me might be whether or not the case can hold the iPhone equipped with a bumper.

8. Cnegrad macrumors newbie

I have to spring for the Sportshell Convertible, because it's the only one with a belt clip. BTW, to the best of my knowledge, the Marware belt clip is the best one I've found. It's the only one that won't ever accidentially slip off.

9. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

FYI, I had been using the Marware Premiere for my iPhone 3G and 3GS for 2 years. I have both the original magnetic version and the new velco version, here are some comments:

Both cases fit the iPhone 4 great, especially when using a slim body cover, I am using the new iFrogz LuxeLean on my iPhone 4 and the fit in my old Marware Premiere's is near perfect.

The magnetic version is waaay better than the velcro version. Unfortunately Marware stopped making the magnetic version when the 3GS came out. My magnetic version is nearing the end of it's life, the leather covering the belt clip is worn thru and the stitching is coming loose. The magnets did affect the compass on the 3GS, the result being that I had to recalibrate to use the compass application. This didn't really bother me because I hardly ever used the compass anyway.

The velcro patch on the new version is weak and too small. The top flap doesn't sit flush like the magnetic version does and consequently I was always catching the lip when sitting down, etc. It drove me nuts and caused me to stick with my deteriorating magnetic version and live with the compass recalibrations.

10. bk8 macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 with bumper fits in the Premiere but the grippy rubber edges of the bumper against the 2 elastic bands on the sides of the Premiere together hold it snug.

It's easy to put in but trickier to get out quickly. Maybe the rubber will get less grippy in time.

This is my only problem with this combo and I'll be changing the bumper to an Incipio Feather.

11. falcon26 macrumors member

I'd like to get the microshell one in white myself. But of course everywhere its sold out and will not be in stock for like a month....

12. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I really like a lot of the Marware cases but that velcro issue is a phffft. I have another case with magnets which is a great one. There isn't any interference with the signal from magnets at all, contrary to what some people will say.