Marware MacBook Pro Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheMotif, Jul 17, 2007.

1. TheMotif macrumors member

Does anybody have this sleeve for their MacBook Pro? Is it durable enough for everyday use? Does it have space for cords and additional accessories?

2. BlueArctos macrumors member

I was interested in the sleeve but opted instead for the Sportfolio Deluxe. The sleeve has no room for accessories (save possibly one mouse, one iPod, or MAYBE one power adaptor) and provides less padding than the Sportfolio. According to the dimensions I read, the case will still fit in my backpack.

3. TheMotif thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

I'm only planning on fitting my power adapter in the sleeve, so the regular Sportfolio looks like the most practical choice right now. I'm not about to drop $80 on a case, either.

4. motherduce macrumors 6502

I had it for my Macbook - it's just a basic sleeve. The pocket is small, enough for an iPod, not cables and such. It's not very well padded, either. I'd recommend something more solid or a bigger case if you need pockets for cables and such.

I used this to protect my Macbook from scratches and such while inside a padded compartment in my backpack.

5. BlueArctos macrumors member

Indeed it would be your best choice. I'm not the expert on the carrying capacity of that orca skin pocket. Judge for yourself based on the picture below.

[​IMG]

Besides, the sleeve looks pretty cool.

6. TheMotif thread starter macrumors member

As a sleeve, was it effective, though?

7. motherduce macrumors 6502

As a sleeve, yes. It fits nice and snug around the laptop, and offers a tiny amount of padding - as long as you're not counting on it to protect bumps and drops, you're fine.

IMO, this sleeve is best used inside another laptop-specific protective compartment in a bag or backpack, not as a standalone case.