Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obxbound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I just received the Marware's Quick Vue in the mail and wanted to give my $.02 for those considering it.

This is my 3rd case. I had the Griffin basic leather/belt clip one and another the Marware Sidewinder. I broke both; the sidewidner twice. The Griffin I thought was just poorly made and was prepared for it to be my temporary fix. The sidewinder though I had much better hopes for. Unfortunately, I broke the clip part twice. The clip has a space between itself and where it attaches to the phone. Considering you have to squeeze the clip to attach it to your belt, that doesn't make much since. Squeeze to hard and you break it! Not once, but twice for me.

The Quick Vue's holster is 100% better. It is actually attached directly to the case and is much sturdier than the Grffin plastic piece. The case itself is ok. It has a felt interior and I love the smooth look of the exterior case. My only beef...the iphone is not secure in it. It is made so that if you open you can quickly slide the phone out. Makes since, but just not what I thought it would do. If it only had a small interior clip to secure the phone.

In short:

Pros
Looks slick and professional (what i was going for).
Belt clip is sturdy
Easy acess

Cons
Iphone is not secured inside

attadj

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I love my quick vue. The problem with it coming out easily is probably becuase you need to get at the volume control. I need to pull it out to adjust the volume when listening to music. I wish the headsets had a volume control on them. Only other beef is that you can't plug it in to charge without taking it out a bit from the case. I find myself just poping the case open on my belt and just using it for quick things. Great design feature that it opens down and it just rests like a cup holder on your belt that way.

Racerdog55

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Lumberton, Tx.
Sidewinder

I also purchased the Marware Smart holster Sidewinder, I find that the phone fits poorly, and very loose, with the detatchable belt clip it make the phone stick out from your waist to far, so I wont be using this case, its for sale cheap.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
I just received the Marware's Quick Vue in the mail and wanted to give my $.02 for those considering it.

This is my 3rd case. I had the Griffin basic leather/belt clip one and another the Marware Sidewinder. I broke both; the sidewidner twice. The Griffin I thought was just poorly made and was prepared for it to be my temporary fix. The sidewinder though I had much better hopes for. Unfortunately, I broke the clip part twice. The clip has a space between itself and where it attaches to the phone. Considering you have to squeeze the clip to attach it to your belt, that doesn't make much since. Squeeze to hard and you break it! Not once, but twice for me.

The Quick Vue's holster is 100% better. It is actually attached directly to the case and is much sturdier than the Grffin plastic piece. The case itself is ok. It has a felt interior and I love the smooth look of the exterior case. My only beef...the iphone is not secure in it. It is made so that if you open you can quickly slide the phone out. Makes since, but just not what I thought it would do. If it only had a small interior clip to secure the phone.

In short:

Pros
Looks slick and professional (what i was going for).
Belt clip is sturdy
Easy acess

Cons
Iphone is not secured inside

Not to be slick or professional here but..it's 'make sense'. Not 'make since'. Glad you got a good case though. I can't say so much.

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC

Great review, thanks! I ordered the Macally Icecase... but this was a close second on my list. Actually, the reason I didn't get it was because I read that the iPhone sits TOO securely in it, but you say otherwise?

Do you think the phone will fit if there's a body film on it? Oh, and I heard that clip is weak.. what are your thoughts on that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.