Marware Sports Shell Convertible Case - Pics

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JNGold, May 16, 2010.

1. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I received this case last week direct from Marware. One of the main draws of this case is the built-in snap legs that prop the case in landscape and two other legs to prop up in typing mode. Overall, a nice case that gives good viewing angles both in landscape and typing mode. I like the cutout in the back in which you can leave it open (as in the pics) or insert a 5x7 photo and cover it with a clear piece of plastic (included). I like the elastic hold-band which makes holding the iPad in the case a bit easier.

It's a good case to use around the house where I mostly use the iPad. If I am going to travel, I can still throw the iPad into my Incase neoprene sleeve with the Marware on.

One minor complaint. The handhold stap extends a bit past the landscape legs so in order to snap the legs back into the case, you need to fold back the tips of the strap. Not a real big deal.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danterner macrumors member

Thanks so much for the photos and write-up! I'm anxiously awaiting mine. Amazon had it on sale the other day and so I grabbed it. It does everything I was looking for in a shell, but I was a bit nervous to buy it without first reading any reviews. Your review is the first I've seen - I'm glad it was a good one!

3. btrav13 macrumors 6502

From the looks of it you could just pop that elastic strap off without ruining. Is that, in fact, possible?

4. JNGold thread starter macrumors 6502a

JNGold

That is correct. I enjoy having it on to hold the iPad.

5. iWannaBeAdored macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

6. danterner macrumors member

Not only is it removable, but it can be attached width-wise or length-wise. It's a pretty versatile case. Interesting, though - on Marware's website the photos of the handstrap make it look like rubber. The screenshots here make it look more like a stretchy elastic fabric. Which is it, actually?

7. JNGold thread starter macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Stretchy elastic fabric.

8. Skystar macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting, this was the shell case I am favoring to replace my Macally bookstand.

9. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

It looks fantastic. Marware has been pretty impressive with their iPad stuff so far. Their jacket case is amazing. Way better than the Apple case and the same price.

10. phil75 macrumors newbie

Nice pictures. Very flexible case, thanks for the writeup! Looks like I'm getting this soon.

11. BaronStein macrumors regular

Looks pretty good. How is the kickstand in this case? Are they durable enough? Do they slip?