MARYLANDERS!! Is your 3G dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cenetti, Aug 28, 2008.

1. cenetti macrumors 6502

I don't have 3G since yesterday....

Good reception but no speed..Anyone having the same problem?

I was able to get the test go through and got an AMAZING 22 kbps....:eek:

Attached Files:

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Who the heck is Mary Landers?

3. shevi macrumors newbie

Mine's working. I have had to put it into airplane mode and then into 3G a couple of times, but unfortunately that seems to happen every day. :mad:

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

It's hit or miss for me (Columbia, MD). It works for the earlier part of the day, then at night I have full bars of 3G but data does not work at all. If I use EDGE it works fine, turning 3G back on...nothing. Been happening since I updated to 2.0.2. My other iPhone with 2.0.1 works on 3G all the time, even when the 2.0.2 phone does not. I'm blaming 2.0.2 for the issue. I tried to go back to 2.0.1 but iTunes wouldn't let me :( Got some sort of error code during the restore.

5. pj rage macrumors 6502

Same here!! Perfect before 2.0.2 and now, I have the same problem as you, edge works OK, but 3G gets nothing more often than not even with fine signal. I'm in the DC metro area (Alexandria, VA). I work in southern MD where I never get 3G, and usually don't get any service whatsoever :( I wish I could go back to 2.0.1 also, but it seems that even if we did we can't change the baseband back which is probably where the problem lies. But if anyone finds a way, let me know, I'd love to have 2.0.1 back exactly as it was before I hit upgrade to 2.0.2.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I also have an awesome mail "feature" in 2.0.2, not 3G related. Every message, in every mailbox, in every account, is the same exact message :D I'm doing a full restore (again) to hopefully clean up that issue. But the 3G issue really pisses me off :mad: I bought the damn phone for the 3G, if that part of it doesn't work, it was a worthless upgrade.

7. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I am in baltimore and have all bars 3g inside and out of my house.Its been working better than ever for the last week and a half.

8. cenetti thread starter macrumors 6502

Look at this BS!! 0.05mps on a sunday morning....
    Uselessssss !

Attached Files:

9. bluecluee macrumors member

I'm getting normal 3g speeds in Baltimore County. Where 3G really still needs some work is in York,PA. In the city of York, I have to turn off 3G to use data!

10. VTMac macrumors 6502

11. faxpilot macrumors newbie

Dropped calls, slow network & dead Mail

OMG! I am ready to throw this in the trash. I've been making calls on my Treo rather than my 3G iPhone due to dropped calls, which happens EVERY time I make a longish (>3min or so) phone call. In Baltimore City! Also, net speeds seem very slow. If I start an app like NearPics or Exposure, I often get server time out messages and poor responsiveness.

And what's up with Mail? For 3 days continuously last week (ending on Friday, I think) Mail would spin and spin ("connecting...") but would not do up or downloads. And often, hitting the refresh icon in the lower left does not.

Aaargh!

12. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Was getting 0.9Mbps (also Columbia) this morning. I can guarantee that later this afternoon/evening that I won't get any data at all with my 2.0.2 phone though. Happens every single day. My 2.0.1 phone works, 2.0.2 does not. Maybe the 2.0.1 phone is sucking all the power ;)

13. jettoblack macrumors member

At Wheaton Plaza yesterday, had 5 bars of 3g but couldn't load even a very simple webpage or check my email without the connection timing out. :mad: Switched down to EDGE and everything started working again.

14. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

haha the guy who is like what is a mary lander

15. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Im in Dundalk, and i have no problems with my service at all. About 2 weeks ago i read on a forum (may have been this one) that AT&T was upgrading towers in Baltimore, and the next day my service was amazing and hasnt been back since. Its like having a new phone.

16. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Dundalk is a couple of blocks from me and I'm getting great 3g too.