Mask iPhone profile.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacPC, Dec 27, 2010.

1. MacPC macrumors regular

HI< recently I bought an iPhone 4, I just want to use the iPhone 3G to use as a phone, data connect is needed. I popped in the old SIM card, from my broken Nokia phone, the 3G works perfectly as on my second number, four days later, I got a txt as well as an email from AT&T, they infored me that because to use the iPhone, I must have a data plan so they started the plan for me. I called AT&T, the lady told me that I can't use the iPhone without a data plan but she was nnice engouh to take the plan for me. She also told me that AT&T knows what phone I use. my question is, is rthere a way I can hack the sim card to mask out the iphone data or fake the iPHone as a Nokia phone? it's such a shame that i can' even use my perfectly good 3G :(

2. Los macrumors regular

No it's not possible. Just don't use the phones data applications at all, this pretty much includes e-mail, notifications, push, and what not. Only use Wi-Fi.

However, they will eventually find out that you're using the iPhone again and so they'll put the data plan back.

3. nebo1ss, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Does not matter if you use the data applications or not. When the cell connects to the ATT network Your imei is transmitted and that registers as an Iphone. You cannot change the imei.

The only way around it is to use a pay and go plan. They cannot add a data plan to a pay and go. Alternatively JB and Unlock the phone and use tmobile.

EDIT: It is actually a little short sighted on the part of ATT to impose this on those not under contract with a subsidized phone. The reason they do it in the first place is to get a minimum amount of revenue per month for subsidized phones to cover the cost of the subsidy.

4. Los macrumors regular

I did it with my mom with my 2G and a data plan never picked up a month ago. I remember doing it before that and it almost immediately got the text. I don't know, I guess it's just a luck.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Take your sim pop it in a random phone from a friend. then wait just a couple minutes. log in your att account go to to your phone info. your friends model and such will be there. ATT is getting better about catching people.;)

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

From what I been hearing, they don't force a plan on 2G iphone anymore. It's only the 3G and newer iphones.