Masking Your IP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by taiga, Dec 20, 2007.

1. taiga macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me a way, preferably simple, that I can hide my IP -without spending money- in order to access a site that has my IP banned?

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

3. wightstraker macrumors regular

Tor. It will make people think your IP is from Germany, France, Texas, whatever.

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Cool :D

Thanks

5. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

you're not using this method for illegal purposes are you:D

6. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

7. MacDuck macrumors member

I was using Tor for awhile...but found it way too slow for my needs. Wasn't doing anything illegal, just wanted to see what it could do. By the way...I remember reading something about Tor spying recently. Here is the article I came by last month:
    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/new-details-sup.html

8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Wow, I think I just changed my mind on Tor.
    Thanks for the link.

9. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Got these for school...

My firewall is ridiculous!

At this link there is a list with a fair few proxies... because the more one gets used my school blocks it so I move down the list...

Hope someone else finds this useful!

EDIT: I would have uploaded to macrumors but the maximum file size is 224 this is around 400 kb!

10. idrewuk macrumors member

idrewuk

What's a simple way of connecting Viladia so I can view a German website from the UK?

11. tunnel4 macrumors newbie

Get your ip masked so that the proxy server hide your ip to the browsing server.For free service use foxyproxy.com to hide your ip.Also free service will not provide guaranteed safe.Better go for paid service for ip "masking" from the website tucktail.com

12. tunnel4 macrumors newbie

ip masking

ADD MASKING!

Domain masking lets you protect the address of a particular site, while still allowing customers to access the content.

When you just use forwarding, the forwarding address will not appear in the browser's address field after the forwarding is completed. When you add masking, the forwarding address will always stay in the browser's address field and hide the real destination's address.

In addition to the URL, the Mask Meta Tags feature allows you to enter a title, plus description and keywords Meta tag information for the masked domain. Title and Meta tag information is important to a Web site’s search engine ranking, but does not influence how a Web site is being displayed.