Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FranciscoReis96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2019
Hello.

My Mac isn't working, he only stay at the page of the macOS utilities. I already tried to reinstall, the get help online, the time machine backup and the disk utility and is not working. Anyone know what to do? Thank you.

SkipperRi

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Rijeka, Croatia
Hello.

My Mac isn't working, he only stay at the page of the macOS utilities. I already tried to reinstall, the get help online, the time machine backup and the disk utility and is not working. Anyone know what to do? Thank you.

What do you mean by “stay at the page of the MacOS utilities”? Which model is your Mac? Did you try to boot in recovery mode?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Totally unrelated i think.but the same problem happens in VMWare Fuion when i try and install from network share.... Although this could be down to an installer issue, i doubt an installer would get "corrupted" just seconds after you copied it in full.

Still,,, hope you get the answer, it may solve my problem as well..

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
OP, it’s really difficult to understand your issue without a bit more details.

I’m going to take a wild guess that you are booting into recovery mode, and looking at the recovery options which you are calling a utilities page.

You also need to describe in detail, the machine model and all specs. Please describe how the machine got into this “not working” situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.