Mass Delete Emails ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meagain, Jul 31, 2007.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I'm afraid to ask this. I know it was an issue from the get-go but I was hopeing by now it would be fixed. I've got a boatload of emails on my phone. I'm not finding any hack/tip to gang-delete them. Um... Before I go through each one, then deleting each one from the trash (gah!).. I thought I'd ask again. TIA

2. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

haha gang delete them... thats funny. But no i dont think there has been any improvements in the gang deleting department.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just set preferences to delete email in trash after one day. Problem solved.

To set when deleted messages are removed permanently from iPhone, tap Advanced and
    tap Remove, then choose a time: Never, or after one day, one week, or one month.

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Unfortunately, you have to hand delete them from the inbox. Beyond the inbox it allows you to auto delete after a day, but you are stuck on the inbox front. I sympathize, as I had over 200 gmail messages that had to be deleted when I first set up my mail...I just sat there while watching tv, talking with friends, absent mindedly swiping away.