Mass E-Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AFPoster, Mar 16, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Is there any application out there that will allow me to send mass e-mails to over 4,000 people at a time. I know Salesforce you have to pay $0.01 per e-mail and Direct Mail Pro is the same way.
    I am basically looking for a mail app I can install on my Mac and just send them off myself without paying a cost per e-mail / recipient.

Also does anyone know how many e-mails you can send through Mail app? Is it 100, 1000, 10000 or just like 30, lol.

Thanks for the help.

2. davids8477 macrumors 6502

Sorry wrong application - too fast on the draw :)

3. davids8477 macrumors 6502

Take a look at MAXBULK MAILER - used it a few times - seems fairly functional

4. al2o3cr macrumors regular

I don't believe there's a built-in limit, but your mail host may have limits on the number of distinct addresses sent to in a given time period (Google Apps, for instance, caps it at 500ish per 24 hours).

You may also want to check with your mail host regarding their policies; most ISPs will get VERY testy if you land their servers on a blacklist...

5. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Well, if you are sending out legitimate messages to folks that actually want the messages, there is google groups - I use that for group mailings for various non-profit groups that I am involved in. It allows an easy way for folks to subscribe/unsubscribe.

If you are a spammer, then never mind - I'm sure they would boot you in a hurry if you tried it for those purposes.

6. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope it's a legitimate business. Sending out articles, press releases, etc. Just didn't want to use Salesforce anymore since I don't use all the features it offers. I'll check out everyone's suggestions, thanks a ton!

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I use MailChimp, free for up to 6000 contacts, 12000 emails per month, so sounds like it might fit your needs. You can pay to remove their logo, too, pretty cheap.

jW

8. mathematician macrumors member

Mailer for iOS

Since you have an iPad and iPhone mentioned in your signature: There is an app for iOS called "Mailer". I relies on the iOS Address Book, so I don't know if you like to have 4000 people in your Contracts App...

It sends out personalized mails, so each mail is send separately. With 4000 mails this will take some time...

Link: http://http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321504812&mt=8

9. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon