Mass edit iCal events

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tombarnes, Nov 4, 2009.

1. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Hi all,

I have just updated all of my friends birthdays in iCal. I would like to set it up so that it alerts me 7 days before the date for every birthday. I don't really fancy doing this 60 times, is there anyway to do all of them at once?

Cheers,

Tom

2. tombarnes thread starter macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Anyone?

Is it actually possible? I would imagine it would need some sort of editing in textedit, but what do I edit?

Cheers!

3. nastebu macrumors 6502

You can do it in Bento. If you just want to do this one time, you can download the trial of Bento and then delete it when you're done.

But Bento pretty much rocks, so you might end up keeping it.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You could probably write some AppleScript to loop over each event in a specific calendar and set the reminder time.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Tom, the best solution depends on how many Events you have to change, and whether you see yourself needing to do this again and again. You might spend less time just doing them one by one than chasing down a batch method and then implementing it for this one task. If this was an undiscovered (by you) feature of iCal, that might be a different story. But, if you can't find it in iCal Help, it probably doesn't exist.