Mass Effect Trilogy

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So my girlfriend and I have played parts 2 and 3, and absolutely loved them. Since we only have a PS3, we never had a chance to play the first one.

Now I might be able to borrow a 360 from my Dad for awhile to buy and play the original Mass Effect. Question: Is it worth the trouble? After playing the other two games for some 50+ hours each, how will the first one hold up? Would you say it's worth experiencing the story, even though we already know how everything will turn out?

I quite enjoyed the ending btw, not sure what all the bickering was about. But I actually consider the entire second half of ME3 as the ending of the game - all the loose ends get tied up, a lot of decisions from previous games become relevant and show their consequences...a great (and quite emotional) conclusion in my book!

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Yes I think you'd enjoy it. But maybe you want to leave it for 2-3 years and play through all of them from the start to end again then?

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I wouldn't bother.

As the changes you can make in ME will have no bearing on the story and characters you did eventually control in ME2 & 3 there would be little point in doing so, and if anything it would confuse your 50+ hour experience rather than enhance it.

ME2 on PS3 started with a default set of outcomes and no matter how I adjusted the start parameters it didn't reflect my game of ME1 on 360.

At this stage of the game it's uneccessary,

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

OP I don't know if you'd enjoy this or not but if you want to see an interview and artwork from the game Pixologic did and interview with Bioware regarding the game art (which obviously had a lot of it done in ZBrush):

http://www.pixologic.com/interview/mass-effect3/1/

5. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

The original is the black sheep of the series. It's very RPG-centered and the action feels pretty clunky. Especially after playing the newer two games. However the story is fantastic, and there is a lot of little things that you definitely missed out on. I'd recommend playing through it, but you may need to plow through some less fun parts until you get used to the feel of the original.

6. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

i tried the demo for mass effect, didnt like it, it seems kind of flat, i think its overrated