Mass organizing firefox bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shinji, Jul 6, 2009.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I have no idea how many firefox bookmarks I have, but it's so many that opening organizing bookmarks gives me a spinning beachball and takes forever to load.

I have now filled up the default bookmarks dropdown and any new bookmarks I add get put in unsorted instead of being added to that list.

Is there a way to mass organize the bookmarks, like the titles contain a keyword and get automatically put into a specific bookmark folder? There is no 'smart folder' functionality is there? Third party app or extension is fine, too.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

since firefox 3, the bookmark/history system is becoming more and more query mode, rather than browsing mode.

Query mode does not really care about the structure of the bookmarks, rather, its designed to bring up where you want to go from urlbar search.

I do not know if there is such an addons for a filter like function, although it sounds like a good idea, I just dont know if, with the refined awesomebar, mozilla will revert back to modify bookmark system.

It might take a bit use to, but with large amount of bookmarks, effective query is indeed much faster than going through bookrmarks and looking for one among many.