Mass text app recommendation

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rmt5, Mar 23, 2012.

1. rmt5 macrumors member

Hi. I've tried to do searches on this, but a semantic confusion has made it difficult for me. I'm looking for an app that allows me to send mass-texts, NOT group-texts. What I mean by this is, I want to be able to place contacts into groups and text these groups. But then I want this to place all of the individual recipients in their own distinct message threads within the standard iOS message app. I do NOT want to create group threads, where responses get sent to everybody.

I understand that iOS 5 has an issue where one has to turn off iMessage and MMS to accomplish this at all (crazy.). That's fine... although if anyone knows of a work around to still send/receive picture messages, that would be particularly great.

Anyway, any app suggestions? It's important to me that the app sends the threads over to the main iOS message app, and breaks the group apart into individual threads.

Thanks!

2. lpeedin macrumors regular

Search AppStore for Groups: SMS

it cost $4.99, but does exactly what you're looking. I've used it for 5+ months and never had an issue.

3. rmt5 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Has anyone tried both "Groups: SMS" and "Group Text!", the latter of which is only 2.99? I'm just interested if anyone likes one significantly more than the other.