Mass text from iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by katanna, Feb 9, 2012.

1. katanna macrumors 6502

katanna

Howdy guys!

Short question: Is there a way to send mass texts (IE: to lots of people at a time) on the iPad for free?

Long form of the same question: I have a client that wants to start college ministries around the country. He will have one person local at each college, and he wants this person (at each college) to be able to send out daily devotionals to people in his/her community.

He has someone else telling him that he can do this on the iPad for free, but I don't see how this is possible. iMessage a) limits the number of people you can send to at once, and b) iMessage is only free when going to another iMessage account, so sending it to non-iPhones would still count as a text message. (Correct me if I am wrong...)

The best way to manage the recipients would be to set up groups in the address book (or better yet natively in an app). This way it is easy to add and delete people from the text list.

I thought about something like TextFree, but you can't send texts to groups in TextFree, and it would be confusing trying to manage a custom list in TextFree.

The only way I can see him doing this is if he uses a mass-marketing solution that offers text messages, IE: a paid solution.

What are your thoughts? Any way to get group text messages for free?

Matthew

PS: Sorry if my needs are not clear, this is a "client" of mine but he is really third party, IE: I am not talking with him directly, so it is difficult to get information from him.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There are numerous group texting apps available for the iPad. I suggest searching the app store for "group text" or "group SMS."