Massive annoyance with Mac keyboard! Nothing helps! DoubleCommand, Ukelele etc..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by madsylar, May 5, 2010.

1. madsylar macrumors member

Hi All.

I'm evaluating this MBP core i5, all cool so far, except for this MASSIVE annoyance of having to press Cmd C Cmd V. It tires my damn thumb, it's so retarded!

I'm trying to make Fn+C (copy) Fn+V (paste) Fn+X (cut) to work, as the damn Control key is not the last one to the left on the keyboard (again, so retarded!).

DoubleCommand can only make Ctrl+CXV work, can't make Fn+CXV.

DefaultKeyBindings.dict only works for Cocoa apps, so it's useless.

Ukelele doesn't do the job either.

I do programming and i can't stand missing the keys all the time. Please help me keep this MBP because I'm enjoying it , with the exception of those issues.

Cheers

Leo:eek:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Give it a few days; you'll get used to it.

You can remap or disable shift, command, option, control, and caps lock under :apple: -> System Preferences -> Keyboard, but function is a special key and cannot be remapped or trapped by applications. (I've disabled caps lock, personally. Huge improvement.)

3. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

There's no need for this.

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Probably should have tested the Mac out to see if it was for you, before you bought it.

Like BlueRevolution said, you'll get used to it.

Also, try to refrain from using such words like; "retarded" to describe anything on this site or anything Apple related.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Try using your ring finger instead of your thumb.

6. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

After 20 years, my left hand has those keys in muscle memory. You are just used to the Windows keys which to me are counter-productive. The Mac was built for production and creativity, once your muscle memory is set, you'll feel different about it. Give it a chance.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

...unless the objective is to alienate potential helpful posters.