MASSIVE Aperture library??!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peanutismint, Apr 16, 2011.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

My Aperture photo library is something along the lines of 11GB in size.

This is strange as I'm pretty sure I haven't asked Aperture to copy any files into its library, but just reference the files as they exist on my hard drive....

Any ideas how to find out if it's disobeying me??

2. J-Fry macrumors newbie

I had responded but didn't see it show up...then my computer crashed... maybe it didn't take.

Anyway, can't help you but I'm in the same boat so looking at the thread for possible responses. My library is 20G and I wanted to figure out why my laptop internal drive was nearly out of room... and this helps explain it. It is a large library.

That said, I need to learn the ins and outs of Aperture better, I guess. Still wrestling with logistics and organization. I want my thumbnails available on the laptop so I can view, rate, pick, etc. and have everything 'live' on my external drive(s). Referenced.

I guess the problem now becomes since I've been using it for almost two years (! and I barely know my way around it hahah) how does one access 'multiple libraries' I guess, so I don't have to have a large library showing my entire photo collection, which obviously WILL grow... ?

But found this for you which may help:

http://www.darcynorman.net/2009/07/14/cleaning-up-my-aperture-library/

J