iPad Massive Battery drain iPad 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kukheart, Oct 9, 2013.

1. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

iPad 3rd generation has about once a month massive battery drain issues, example: today I left the iPad at the house at 90% roughly and when I got home an hour ago it was turned off (I never turn my completely off). I turned it on and it took 2 minutes to boot up and now it says it is at 2%. This happens about once a month. 90% of the time it is fine, but this is really annoying and of course I have AppleCare on both my iPhone and Mac Book Air, but not the iPad unfortunately. So anyway, should I take it into a store or notify Apple or just deal with it? Has this happened to anyone else? I have iOS 7 on it now, but it even happened with iOS 6 too, so I know that's not the reason. Thanks for your time.

2. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

First step is always to determine if it's hardware or software. 1) back it up to your iTunes, 2) wipe it out to nothing, 3) see if the issue goes away. Weeks between symptoms make this a big challenge, but anything you try has the same issue.

If this is a key device, add a 2.5: restore your data (that may contain the issue).