Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
I've gone from just under 2GB to over 5GB of "Other" data on my iPhone 5. Anyone else had this issues?

Also Safari offline reading list keeps going to 500mb after I keep deleting it.

MargeauxM

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
I had the same problem today, except I had 20 GB of "other" WTF! Tried everything.. tried deleting all my texts manually (lots of texts had video and photo attachments that get saved to the other file), cleared my cache and cookies, deleted notes, voice notes.. couldn't figure it out!

So I backed up my phone, restored the factory settings, and then restored my back up, and BOOM "other" data gone! yay me

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I had this problem yesterday when it was taking a very long time in step 5 of syncing my music (i thought it froze) so I stopped the sync, it was still trying to sync on my iphone side. When I plugged it all back in I had about 22gb of other and nothing else.

I fixed it all by rebooting my phone, resyncing itunes let it just stay on the waiting step for a long time, eventually it re loaded all my music on and the bar went back to normal on the bottom.

Side note, I never once deleted my music from my library, I wonder if it does this anyway?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.