Massive Problem with Mac os 10.6.8 update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Acorn, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I updated to 10.6.8 the other day and noticed my battery life was crushed. so i looked at activity monitor and the dockbar was using 100% cpu usage. I force quit the dock multiple times and even reboot and the issue remained. also my machine was running super hot. I googled this and got alot of hits and its related to Paralless 6. if you remove the windows folder from parallels from the dock and force quick the dock the dock goes back to normal usage.

so if you have parallels and update to 10.6.8 be absolutely sure your dock isnt running at 100%. nasty bug and overworks your machine alot. this issue just isnt me its posted all over the net. thats how i knew how to fix it.

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

sorry I didnt know that. Ive actually been using 10.6.8 for awhile and i didnt notice until about a week later. scared me at first i thought my battery was toast the estimated running time was so low when the cpu was pinned.

4. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I noticed it the day after the update, I panicked, temps were 50 deg more than before the update. This place had me fixed in minutes. I think parallels came out with an update also.