Massive problems with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by toogoodius, Aug 11, 2011.

1. toogoodius macrumors member

i have a lot of problems with Lion.

Actually I purchased Lion only because my copy of Snow Leopard had the awful Macmail bug which made mail completely useless (at least for me as my place of work requires that I connect via an exchange server).

To begin with there were minor glitches, that I was living with, although I did feel that Lion was very slow and I was seeing a LOT of the beachball...

It has been getting worse and by yesterday evening it was getting to the point that it was becoming unusable.

The problems are affecting Lion and now the programes.. Firefox and Office too...

Should I re-install. Will that help?

What were the problems? Too many to remember but it seems to have a life of its own! Settings change themselves! For instance, (and this is just one small problem amongst many) I like to have multiple windows and programmes open and often need to click between to refer. Lion has decided that when I click on one programme the others disappear and i must go down to the task bar and click the icon again to make the programme visible. I am sure this must be just a setting but I don't know how to correct it and the fact is that it is just one of the things that Lion has decided for itself.

Right now I can use my browser but earlier on I could not. Every time I clicked a book mark or tried to switch tab all that happened was my download list opened up and downloaded the url as a file. Weird?

Word had become unusable. The cursor would not become active or when it did the highlighting had all gone strange.

Please somebody make a good suggestion about what I can/ should do. I do all of my work on this machine and this morning it was literally useless...

HELP!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. DICKNPHYL macrumors member

Do a complete reinstall !!!!!!!!!!

I would do a complete reinstall.
    Hold down "command + r keys.
    Go to apple's site for help as you know.
    Good luck !
    Dickster-----

3. toogoodius thread starter macrumors member

hmmm, yes, I'm coming round to the idea!!! Cheers for confirming...

4. toogoodius thread starter macrumors member

Hey Dickster

thanks again and yes I have reinstalled. Fingers crossed the problems don't develop again. Actually, if nothing else, this new Lion is doing things about twice as quickly as the last... hurray!!

:cool: