Massive slow-down when device connected to iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Unggoy Murderer, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Unggoy Murderer macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, has anyone else experienced iTunes slowing down to a snails pace when an iPhone or iPad is connected? This started long before I installed beta versions of iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5, so it's not the beta software. Do you know what could be the cause?

Thanks!

2. celticpride678

The cause? iTunes itself is the cause. There's not one fix that will solve it.

3. Unggoy Murderer thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it was literally perfect one week, then it was slow the next. I never changed the software, the OS or anything in fact. I'll keep looking around for a fix.

4. calipence macrumors newbie

I started experiencing this also, but starting with the 10.5 beta 2. As soon as I click on the Apps tab for the iPhone, iTunes (windows x64) slows to a crawl and soon locks completely. During this time, the iPhone (on iOS 5 beta 2) responds perfectly, except still has the spinning "syncing" icon. I have made sure my mobile apps folder is on my local drive, and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I'm out of ideas. Has anyone successfully resolved this?