Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My two local Apple Stores have had Space Black and Stainless Silver available all morning, just no Stainless Gold. :mad:

Are you opting just for the gold stainless only or are you also opting for the space black stainless? As I know you’re partial to the space black.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
Got my gold ss today after ordering on the 21st. Exactly 4 weeks. I think the stock will quickly ramp up from here.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Every Apple Store in Miami also has SS 44mm in stock since this morning too.

Yeah, the "shortage" could be over....for now, maybe?
LOT more steels in stores today - Silver and Black (as of 11:15am ET) compared to the past 2 days around here.

** The one shortage I am seeing is the Gold SS in 44mm, I am not seeing that model at all.
FEW 40mm Gold SS, not much though.

Off topic. This guy...maybe in his 20s, real thin, almost deathly thin looking white dude trying to look like Eminem saw and commented on my Silver SS yesterday Mumbled "Yo is that the new Apple watch...blah blah" and asked if he could look at it. Really dude? Um, no that wasn't happening! How in the heck am I supposed to know you wont rip it off my wrist!! That goes for anyone, don't care how you look!

Not being TOO cautious, simply put "trust no one...or no one that you know"

This was out outside of the local mall around sunset..forget it. I just said "Can't, running late" - told him they have them in the Apple store inside. He proceeded to mumble again - some profanity.

FkAUwxD.png

NikkiAngel

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I was able to get the stainless steel 44 and gold stainless 40 with Milanese loop on Thursday in Buffalo, NY store. I came into stock that morning and I quickly purchased online. Super happy.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

CreepyAF

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
Yeah, the "shortage" could be over....for now, maybe?
LOT more steels in stores today - Silver and Black (as of 11:15am ET) compared to the past 2 days around here.

** The one shortage I am seeing is the Gold SS in 44mm, I am not seeing that model at all.
FEW 40mm Gold SS, not much though.

Off topic. This guy...maybe in his 20s, real thin, almost deathly thin looking white dude trying to look like Eminem saw and commented on my Silver SS yesterday Mumbled "Yo is that the new Apple watch...blah blah" and asked if he could look at it. Really dude? Um, no that wasn't happening! How in the heck am I supposed to know you wont rip it off my wrist!! That goes for anyone, don't care how you look!

Not being TOO cautious, simply put "trust no one...or no one that you know"

This was out outside of the local mall around sunset..forget it. I just said "Can't, running late" - told him they have them in the Apple store inside. He proceeded to mumble again - some profanity.

FkAUwxD.png

That was me and I’m not deathly I’ll.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I got my 44 SS/white sport last week after a staking iStock for a couple of weeks, and right after my brother in law snagged me one in NYC.

I put the second one on Craigslist here in Chicago for $950 (it’s $827 here after taxes). When I lived in NYC, it would have sold immediately. Here no one wanted it. After a week I just returned it.

I’ve also been trying to sell a 38mm aluminum GPS S3 for $175 and a S3 SS LTE for $350. No takers.

What’s with the no love for Apple watches in Chi?

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I got my 44 SS/white sport last week after a staking iStock for a couple of weeks, and right after my brother in law snagged me one in NYC.

I put the second one on Craigslist here in Chicago for $950 (it’s $827 here after taxes). When I lived in NYC, it would have sold immediately. Here no one wanted it. After a week I just returned it.

I’ve also been trying to sell a 38mm aluminum GPS S3 for $175 and a S3 SS LTE for $350. No takers.

I don't think the conclusion is necessarily that chicagoans don't like apple watches - but they can get the apple watch 4 for lower prices without waiting all that long.
You can get the apple watch 3 for cheaper on swappa.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhillyGuy72

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago

As a fellow Chicagoan, I can say it's nothing to do with Chicago. Just the fact that old generation and used Apple watches hold virtually no value. I sold my old watch on eBay for $50 with two third party bands. eBay is nationwide. I see a lot of inventory out there too. It seems unless you're willing to take a big hit you won't be unloading any "previous generation" Apple Watches.

As for selling current-gen at a markup, I think people these days are less willing to pay for scalpers' units. That's because everyone kinda expects inventory to be fluid and I have a feeling the biggest enthusiasts already got their units (if you pre-ordered on launch date you had shipping by mid-October, which means by now everyone got one or is awaiting imminent shipment).

If you didn't order at launch or in the month or so since, and are just shopping around now, chances are you don't have a burning desire to upgrade anyway, and are willing to wait to get yours versus paying over retail. There's probably some people who are willing but very, very few.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Me and my buddy both got 44mm sbss. Hate the new black band that comes with it. Ordering last years black band.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
I’m digging the SBSS with orange band
Just in time for halloween

Attachments

• 6AC40AD9-2858-4501-808A-43A6AC1BAD65.jpeg
    6AC40AD9-2858-4501-808A-43A6AC1BAD65.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Kermit262

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Central Ohio
Are you opting just for the gold stainless only or are you also opting for the space black stainless? As I know you’re partial to the space black.
It's hard to go wrong with the black - it looks classy and the durability is the best of the bunch. But I've been having second thoughts about the gold, especially since I saw it paired with the red sport band. Currently it's a moot point however since not one Apple store in the country has 44 SG in stock, even though there are now decent supplies of silver and SB. I wonder if there's a supply/manufacturing problem with the gold.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
It's hard to go wrong with the black - it looks classy and the durability is the best of the bunch. But I've been having second thoughts about the gold, especially since I saw it paired with the red sport band. Currently it's a moot point however since not one Apple store in the country has 44 SG in stock, even though there are now decent supplies of silver and SB. I wonder if there's a supply/manufacturing problem with the gold.

I have to admit Space Black is a lot nicer than I expected, especially paired with the orange Hermes sport band!!
I'm kinda torn right now, since I have a SS Hermes on the way, which is also $600 more!!!

nickditoro

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Minneapolis
I was able to get the stainless steel 44 and gold stainless 40 with Milanese loop on Thursday in Buffalo, NY store. I came into stock that morning and I quickly purchased online. Super happy.
How can I check availability of the SS44 gold with Milanese Loop from local stores?

Thanks,
Nick

jwill99

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2013
I finally found a Gold 40 SS in stock at my local store this morning. This one has the Milanese band, so costs more than the one I had on order, but that is okay. I bought it and canceled the order that was set to be delivered in over 3 weeks.

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
I've been watching iStocknow for the past couple of days. Looks like Apple is shipping a lot of Gold SS 40mm watches to US Apple stores. I'm looking for a silver SS 40mm. No luck.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

tsims2015

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2015
London
For those wanting a 44mm Gold Stainless Steel and living in London, England, Selfridges on Oxford Street has a lot in stock. They have had stock since launch day and have plenty left

wchigo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
Seems like availability has gotten better in HK. Pretty much all versions of SS are in-stock for pick-up as of last night, and are still available even now.

As such, I cancelled my order from a few days ago (in-store pick up for Nov 22nd, that got moved up to Nov 15th) and will instead be heading in today.

Attachments

• 2252F227-DD2C-4C2D-8CF0-0F3CC0F7C5E5.png
    2252F227-DD2C-4C2D-8CF0-0F3CC0F7C5E5.png
    392.6 KB · Views: 171
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.