Massive - Stuck in W7 boot camp no keyboard or mouse

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rumplestiltskincharley, Sep 5, 2015.

1. rumplestiltskincharley macrumors newbie

Hi all, first time question thanks in advance. I have the iMac 21.5 desktop setup and have boot camp installed which has been running Win 7 very well since last year. Recently I had a need to reinstall W7 in boot camp. I had created a bootable USB from the original install disk which appeared to do it's job until it needed user input but no keyboard or mouse no way.
    My question is this how the heck can I talk to the iMac without a keyboard or mouse.
    Or perhaps abort the W7 install.
    Or maybe rest the iMac back to factory settings.
    My ultimate aim is to remove the boot camp to get back in to OSX and then start the boot camp process again as I think my problem may have originated from there.
    Or have I messed it up for good

Just want my iMac back

Any input would be good , thanks.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I like your last statement, a bit of irony there, eh?

If you just want to abort whatever you are doing (or not doing :D )
    Just hold the power button on your iMac until it shuts off.
    Start up again, holding the Option key. Choose the OS X boot from that boot select window.

If you DON'T see any boot drive for OS X, then Windows has screwed you up royally.

(Use a USB keyboard and mouse for the Windows reinstall. Likely that a wireless keyboard and mouse won't work at that early point in the Windows install, but should work with a USB connection)

3. rumplestiltskincharley thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks DeltaMac. The option key worked for me and I am now back in OS X. I will now try for the boot camp. Thanks for the quick response. Have a great weekend.