Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Sorry US brethren, this is a UK TV programme question.

Anyone watching Master of Photography on Sky Arts?

Thoughts??? other than how amazing Isabella Rossellini is looking?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Sorry US brethren, this is a UK TV programme question.

Anyone watching Master of Photography on Sky Arts?

Thoughts??? other than how amazing Isabella Rossellini is looking?
Sorry no sky here, but lots of chatter about it at work. It's a bit frustrating given all the crap they shove on the rest of the channels.

Reactions: kenoh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
So I am on the fence. I think this past week 4 of8 was the best so far. The judges IMHO are too harsh especially Olivieri Toscani. The pictures are nothing earth shattering and the 2 minutes they get with a master to review their work is useless as it is after the fact. I also think some of them were flat out rude.

But Leica pr0n everywhere... :)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
I started watching the first one and got fed up with the overly dramatised commentary about how critical even the smallest decisions were.....maybe it got better after the first one, but I'd lost interest by then. It just felt like 10 minutes of content stretched out to 45 minutes of TV.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I started watching the first one and got fed up with the overly dramatised commentary about how critical even the smallest decisions were.....maybe it got better after the first one, but I'd lost interest by then. It just felt like 10 minutes of content stretched out to 45 minutes of TV.

I hear you it is a less than optimal format and the brief was so vague on the episodes. The Berlin by night triptic challenge was poorly executed by the contestants IMHO. i doubt however whether I could have done anywhere near as well however.

Last edited:

OzBok

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
This has just started airing in aus, have been watching it and wondering where they got the photographers from. Agree @kenoh the photos leave a lot to be desired. Does get me thinking what I'd have done differently in the shoots though, different angles, camera settings etc. I reckon have the amateurs here could give the selected "pros" a run for their money

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
This has just started airing in aus, have been watching it and wondering where they got the photographers from. Agree @kenoh the photos leave a lot to be desired. Does get me thinking what I'd have done differently in the shoots though, different angles, camera settings etc. I reckon have the amateurs here could give the selected "pros" a run for their money

Season 2 starting here on 25th of May. Already there is controversy. Souvid Datta one of the contestants has been caught plagiarising pictures. Google his name and you will see the news articles.

I am interested to see how it pans out on the show.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...msW2bIYBPL9FETGTQ&sig2=L8bGyfabHGyE1hYBEI3S-Q

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
I've got it on record...hoping it improves on the 1st series

Last edited:

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
Me too but The crazy italian guy is still on it and I thought he was needlessly harsh a lot of the time.

For me it was that Simon Frederick guy just came across a bit dry and pretentious...I think maybe they made a mistake going with pro photogs. Needed a bit of banter to lighten it up...maybe a Greg Wallace type :)

Mark0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
SW Scotland
After reading these comments, I doubt I'll check it out. Sounds like a load of rubbish like most of these types of programmes tend to be :S

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
After reading these comments, I doubt I'll check it out. Sounds like a load of rubbish like most of these types of programmes tend to be :S

Check it out and judge for yourself but yeah, don't have too high hopes

Reactions: Mark0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.