master password to automatically put in "real" password?/

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AppleLover9o, Aug 26, 2009.

1. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

I have a certain need and maybe you guy's know how to make possible..

I use different passwords for EV-RY-THING. For safety mainly.

I was wondering if there's a way to make "keychain" remember all the passwords so like.. when I start putting in the email/ user name then it'll automatically know which I am seeking access too?

I have around 40 accounts on miscellaneous things... Facebook, Ebay, Gmail, different forums, etc...

Example..

I have multiple Live ID'S/ Gmails/ Myspaces(whatever, just multiple ID's somewhere)... can I make it so as soon as I start entering the email, it'll autofill/ put in the password?

Any ideas?

How can I make keychain FORCE remember data?

Thanks..
    AL9o :apple:

2. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

You can turn on autofill in Safari under preference > autofill for Safari to remember form data and passwords.

I don't know if Keychain has a master password feature, but 1Password is highly recommended by a lot of people.

http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password

3. AppleLover9o thread starter macrumors regular

AWESOME! Thanks sooo much! Look's good...

But will it remember multiple accounts details on the same site..

like the example.. say I have 34482349 live id's... Will it remember details for all of them or just one?

Thanks,
    AL9o :apple:

I don't have THAT many live id's haha. :p

4. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

I also have two Live IDs that I use. For some reason, if I log into one, I can't log into the other, even if I reset Safari and clear the cache. I have to close Safari down, and come back like a hour later and then it will let me log into my second Live ID.

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

1Password will remember all of them. I have the family license, and use it across an iMac (mostly my wife), a Macbook and my work machine. Needless to say we have multiple and competing logins. Say I want to login to Facebook, I've labeled the entries "Facebook (myname)" and "Facebook (mywife)"

To log on, I hit the 1PW button and select which one I wish to use. If the keychain is unlocked it autofills and autosubmits (can be changed). It is amazing; my number one most used 3rd party software app. I can't recommend it enough!