Master User List?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mscriv, Apr 28, 2011.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Hey guys, I know we have a lot of members here, but is there a master list somewhere? I know the main forum page shows you who is online at the time, but I was wanting to look up some other members and I'm not sure I remember their exact user name. A master alphabetical list would help me a lot, but I'm not sure if we have one. :confused:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It was hidden some time ago as it takes a noticeable amount of time/CPU resource to generate and was getting hit a lot by various web spidering robots. It's still there if you know the URL...

3. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Thanks robbie. Yep, I knew about the search feature, but that doesn't help if you don't know the exact spelling as the search engine appears to be limited in how it works.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you know what the name begins with, the search feature will give you hints as you type:
    ScreenCap 5.png

5. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Yep, I'm familiar with how the search system works. The problem is that it is still limited in the suggestions it gives you. Someone sent me a copy of the master list's url and I was able to find the member.

The problem in this case was the member I was looking for has a / in their username and I didn't know that. Despite putting the first part of their user name in the search engine the provided results never included him/her. That's what I meant by the search capabilities appear limited.

Thanks for your help though GGJ, I do appreciate it.