Master Volume MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ImTheOne, Jan 12, 2008.

1. ImTheOne macrumors member

Ok, I haven't had my Macbook long since christmas. But something I have realized is that the Volume playing through iTunes is not loud at all, but I was using some alarm program and I made it to play a song to wake me up and it blared it was reallly loud. But I have went to SYSTEM PREF > SOUND > and everything is up. So if programs are allowed to control how loud it goes is there a way to make it go louder?
    Thanks

2. boo-yee macrumors newbie

When I first bought my macbook I had similar problem. I would go to some websites like espn or you tube and the vol. on my macbook was turned all the way up, but still couldn't here it good. I figured it out after awhile and most websites have a volume control you can turn up on the site itself. I'm not sure if itunes has a vol. adjust in the program but if so turn it all the way as well as the master vol. on the mac.:cool:

3. ImTheOne thread starter macrumors member

well I have it set as high as it will go in both and still wont work I guess programs can control it but we cant.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Did you set iTunes Volume in the right place?
    If you use equalizer, did you set equalizer Volume in the right place?

Your system master volume can be set by your keyboard too.

Attached Files:

5. ImTheOne thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I have done all of that. I have used the Volume keys all of that. Except I haven't messed with the equalizer unless it is the same thing as the SOUND under SYSTEM Preferences.

6. mavherzog macrumors 6502

The MacBook's have always had ridiculously quiet speakers. It's my one big complaint about them.

7. ImTheOne thread starter macrumors member

lol so ive found out :) oo well i guess i will just have to deal with it.