Masters Golf App vs. Safari Browser

Discussion in 'iPad' started by d21mike, Apr 5, 2012.

1. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I was watching a live feed in the Masters Golf App for the iPad but the feed kept stopping. So I tried on my Mac Mini (using Safari Browser) and it was working fine. So I thought maybe it has to do with WiFi on the iPad since I am hard wired on the Mac. Anyway, I decided to try the Safari Browser on the iPad and it works the same as the Mac. So what is the problem with the App? Anybody have any ideas?

----------

I actually switched back to the App and now it is working better. Oh well. Maybe a timing issue.

2. Stouver macrumors member

Same issue here while watching at work, though it has been consistent in the last half hour. I assumed it was the awful wifi my company has.

3. PhoneI macrumors 65816

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

FWIW, it was just freezing up on my iPhone 4S and we have 50 Mbps down and up here at the office. I think it's their stream.

5. PhoneI macrumors 65816

spent the last hour watching the masters from this app. Video quality has been great. Been a pretty unproductive afternoon at work.

6. lisatralee macrumors newbie

I've been watching the Masters on my iPad using the Skyfire web browser app that converts Flash videos to HTML5 (at least I think that's what it does). There are plenty of website streaming it for free but in the flash format. The quality of the streams are pretty good. Here are some simple steps I found - Watching golf on the iPad

Not looking good for Tiger :(