Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gr8gonzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Alabama USA
for all of you golf fans, there is a masters app that is supposed to have live video from amen corner and other parts, and leaderboard updates

Bodah

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I am loving it. Live video from maters.org is blocked at work, but the iPhone steps in and fills the void.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I'm a little disappointed with the quality of the live video. I'm on a fast wifi connection at home and the video is a little blurry and herky-jerky (I do have wifi selected under the app's settings).

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Live video doesn't work in the UK, however the leaderboards are a lifesaver since Masters.org and BBC Sport is blocked at work outside lunch.

Here's another tip to bypass work filters, search Google for 'PGA' will give you the latest leaderboard.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Live video doesn't work in the UK, however the leaderboards are a lifesaver since Masters.org and BBC Sport is blocked at work outside lunch.

Here's another tip to bypass work filters, search Google for 'PGA' will give you the latest leaderboard.

The video was stuttering and freezing for me over 3G today - very annoying. It seems like every time Tiger was getting ready to hit a shot the video froze up. I'm not sure if it was the app or AT&T's crappy network but it was almost unusable. I guess you can't complain when it's free though, right?

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
What I meant was that UK users (and I guess the rest of world outside USA) are barred ("this service is unavailable in your region") but the BBC are providing the same feed online and via digital TV.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
What I meant was that UK users (and I guess the rest of world outside USA) are barred ("this service is unavailable in your region") but the BBC are providing the same feed online and via digital TV.

I knew what you meant. My point is that you're really not missing out on much since the video quality is pretty dicey at best.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
For those who are interested, The Open Championship has an iPhone app for those wanting to follow the golf at Turnberry next week. I haven't tried it out myself yet but will do when I can wressle the iPhone off the Mrs.

Linky McLink

Might be a lifesaver since my work's firewall prevents access to the news/sports websites during normal work hours. You'd think they're trying to get me to stop watching golf and work or something.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.