Match without Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by atad6, Aug 3, 2016.

1. atad6, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016

atad6 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm trying to use iTunes Match with my library in the cloud without Apple Music. Is this possible? I have iCloud music library enabled and Apple Music turned off on my iPhone. It shows my library but whenever I go to a song it says I need to subscribe to Apple Music. I'm subscribed to match currently. Is Apple music required to use the music in the cloud?

All I want to be able to do is upload my music to the cloud and access it on my iPhone like i used to do without the Apple music streaming service.

Thanks

2. doolittle27 macrumors member

doolittle27

Yes, you can use iTunes Match service without Apple Music. It is actually how I'm accessing my music library across devices these days :)

3. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

It's not clear whether you uploaded/matched your library yet? If so, are you accessing the songs from the "My Music" tab?

Also keep in mind that Match doesn't stream on iOS devices, it begins playing a song upon completing download. So if you're away from wifi, you need to have cellular data for the music app enabled.

4. atad6 thread starter macrumors regular

The songs are uploaded. It seems as though I have to have show Apple Music and iCloud music library on at the same despite not being subscribed to Apple Music for it to work.