Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harrogatesaint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Harrogate
I'm new to the Mac software and would like to know how to match your music track length to your video clip in your imovie09 project. I have looked everywhere and can't find how to do it.

Thanks,

Harrogatesaint

pbasser2

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Did a project recently for work in imovie 08 not sure if it is exactly the same but......

import movie as new or existing event then start new movie project, pull movie from event into new project. if there is existing sound with movie go to the beginning of clip and and hover cursor on the first frame it will show a speaker click on it and turn down the sound all the way. now on the right there are four buttons a music note will be one of them, click on it. this will open up screen to show music on computer, it will show Garageband Itunes and any other music programs on computer. open Garageband or Itunes and a drop down screen on bottom will open from there click on a song and simply drag onto the bottom of, meaning lower portion of the movie clip. the music clip will show up as green strip, from there click on the green strip and it should highlight music then grab front and pull to front of movie clip and then go to end and match up.if music clip is longer it will cut off end. if you need. you can go to garageband first and and modify music clip to exact length then save and go back to imovie and open music note and follow above. hope this helps..

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 277

Harrogatesaint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Harrogate
Thanks, worked a treat, i am loving this forum already, only been on here for a couple of hours or so and have one problem solved already :)

Thanks again,

Harrogatesaint

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.