Matching my MacBook Pro Screen with External LCD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmFightSpam, May 2, 2008.

1. jmFightSpam macrumors regular

Hi,
    I just connected a 22" LCD via a DVI-D cable to my MacBook Pro. I noticed that the colors look a bit different on each screen. For example, if I have half a Safari window on the MacBook Pro screen and the other half on my external monitor, I notice that the title bar is just that much deeper and darker on the MacBook Pro than the external monitor.

Is there a way I can copy the monitor settings from the MacBook Pro to the external monitor? Is there a way to check the RGB values, Gamma, brightness, contrast and all that on the MacBook Pro?

If it helps, I have an LG 22" LCD Flatron (model: W2252TQ)

Thanks.

2. McGiord, May 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

System Preferences: Displays, there will be one window for each display with various tabs to adjust your video on both.
    ________
    green crack

3. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

I've found it impossible to match the look of my side-by-side 17" Hi-res MBP screen with my 23" ACD. Using the calibration controls in System Preferences is useless with the MBP because the slightest head movement when looking at any of the calibration graphics throws everything off. Not so with the ACD. If you try it you'll see what I mean. Unless someone has a magic solution, I've given up and just accepted they can't be matched to the extent I'd like.
    I'm very happy with the ACD. But it shows up relative weaknesses in the laptop display, especially in terms of evenness with a dark gray background.

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

If you really want precise calibrations across screens you will need a 3rd party hardware-based calibrator like the Spyder or Pantone Huey.

however, if you have a LED backlit screen chances are the white point is biased towards the colder side, so it is nearly impossible to get EXACT replication on a external (which mostly use CCFL unless you spend $, and is more towards the warmer shade of white).