Matching the iMac to 24" ACD

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tee.Nutter, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Tee.Nutter macrumors regular

I should be getting my iMac in the next few days and more than likely going to get the 24" ACD, so I can dual display it.

I know there is a difference in height, so going to VESA wall mount the ACD :D

I know the 24" ACD is LED and a slightly different screen to the iMac, the question I have his will I be able to get the screens to look pretty much identical i.e. brightness, colours or will I have to get something to calibrate the screens?

2. UrFatMom macrumors regular

You seem to have a big budget. You should just buy 2 24" screens and a MacPro ;)

3. Tee.Nutter thread starter macrumors regular

hehe, not that big a budget, got this stuff with my education discount. Your suggestion is the ideal, however it would blow my budget right outta the water and I don't fancy sleeping in the study, while the other half cools down ... So not quite there yet :D

Can anyone offer any advice on my q's?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I would calibrate both displays; I would recommend the Huey Pro.

As with the difference in height, you could always stack books.

5. Shownarou macrumors regular

I was very disappointed when the new iMacs came out that they didn't fix this height issue. I went in to my local apple store and had a sales person on the floor check it with me. The apple associates at the store didn't even know of this.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The space issue is clearly because of the iMac's "chin", right? Not much they can do about it, I guess? Other than making the LED displays sit a bit higher than the stand.

The stand are all the same, by the way. Saves Apple a bunch of dough on manufacturing I'm sure.

Now, when will they make the iMac's display LED? I was surprised they didn't in the last update.

7. JeepGuy macrumors regular

Well I think they should offer a matching monitor with the "chin", I know I would buy one.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Makes no sense to have empty space below the monitor. A third party should make a taller version of the aluminum foot (like mStand) that one can retrofit onto the ACD to make them the same height.

9. Tee.Nutter thread starter macrumors regular

Not an issue about height of ACD, as I an going to be mounting it on my wall, so i'll be able to get the height correct.

I am more concerned about getting the colours/contrast and brightness etc to match each other. Will try huey pro.

Any other ideas anyone

10. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

The ACDs stand is different.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Didn't they update the 2009 iMac to use the same shaped stand as the 24" LED ACD? We're not talking about the other ACDs here.

12. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

the iMac's stand looks a lot thicker and sturdier than the ACD's, which is really thin and flimsy... you can see the difference side by side