Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Given that they are very positive about the interface I guess the paper reference went over yours.

Thankfully your on ignore now so I don't have to deal with immature posts like this.
Woah woah, what did I say wrong? I was joking. I fully understand the paper concept and love it, can't I make a goddman joke?

Since I'm on ignore can someone tell SlCKB0Y what I said? Also can anyone else tell me what I said wrong for him to assume I missed the paper reference?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Woah woah, what did I say wrong? I was joking. I fully understand the paper concept and love it, can't I make a goddman joke?

Since I'm on ignore can someone tell SlCKB0Y what I said? Also can anyone else tell me what I said wrong for him to assume I missed the paper reference?

_-------_---------_---------_----------

He can read your response, but I'd just leave it alone and move on.

SpoonCody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2014

Sarcasm isn't your strong suit. :confused:

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Jailbreaking has caveats too though. Like you cannot always be up to date. And you can't mess up once jailbroken firmware is no longer signed. If you need a restore you are SOL.

I love jailbroken iOS but left for an android phone because I can always have full control, after every update, right away.

in all honesty neither of these OS's can compete with a jailbroken iPhone. Yes android does have a lot of the features that can only be obtained through jailbreaking an iPhone but the tweaks that are available once you jailbreak an iPhone are by far better then many android features as well as better versions of those features that are offered on android.

Even with jailbroken iOS there are still things not possible like tasker and pushbullet notification mirroring.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
in all honesty neither of these OS's can compete with a jailbroken iPhone. Yes android does have a lot of the features that can only be obtained through jailbreaking an iPhone but the tweaks that are available once you jailbreak an iPhone are by far better then many android features as well as better versions of those features that are offered on android.

First, you have to wait for the jailbreak which can take months. And then if you factor in rooting a Android phone.......well then its no contest. Not sure why you brought it up really. But i agree, jailbreaking a iPhone makes it better. I didnt like mine when it wasnt jailbroken but that was way back. With Android, i dont feel a need to root.

SpoonCody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2014
Also, sometimes Jailbreak isn't stable. Frustrating when Springboard would crash. Jailbreak is great, but like others have said, it is not without caveats. The wait for jailbreak, the inability to get updates without losing jailbreak, the sometimes instability of Springboard, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.