Mates, need your opinion!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nikopolidis, Mar 18, 2008.

?

Which flat would you choose?

1. Flat 1

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Flat 2

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Sorry, I don't know

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. nikopolidis macrumors regular

Hello! I have to make a very complicated decision today. It is a question of choice. I'm going to purchase one of the 2 flats and i don't know which one is for me... Both are good but they are both different. Below is the brief description of each flat. Which one would you choose? I need to make decision today, mates.. Will glad to see as many opinions as possible...

Flat 1: Far from the center. Pretty far from the underground station (20 min). Perfect decoration. New (nobody has lived there before). New house block. Garage is possible. Cheaper.
    Flat 2: Much more closer to the center. 5 min from the underground station. Good decoration (not perfect). Family has lived there before. Good house block (but not knew). No garage. More expensive (6% more expensive).

Additional info: I am 23 and I have car.

Cheers! Will really appreciate your point of view! :)

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Flat 1.

Out of the center is good, quieter and cheaper. You have a car, so parking will be easier and it's brand new. :)

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

1. Which areas are you considering? How far would you consider "far from the centre"? Also, how close is "close to the centre"? You need to give us some indication.

If it's 12 train stops from the city centre (40 minutes), then that's quite far. If you're only 10 minutes by train, then I wouldn't consider that far.

2. Is it safe to walk 20 minutes to the nearest underground station in the dark? You would save yourself quite a hassle by having easy access to the Tube. I lived in Highgate in a flat approximately 10-15 minutes from Archway station (10 minutes to the station, and 15 minutes to walk home from the station), and it was a bit of a pain sometimes to walk up the hill and back to my flat at night. However, I'm not at all lazy, quite resilient, and walked it without ever complaining to anyone about it. I actually enjoyed it. If you know you wouldn't, then go with Flat 2, or find yourself Flat #3.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Another vote for flat 1.

We lived in the city centre for 6 years and I almost went completely insane in the end...the endless round-the-clock noise and inability to have windows open (we lived in a "high ground floor flat" in the middle of an area dominated by students and also in the middle of the "junkie path" (between the main hangout place for junkies and main junk-market in Bergen), so there were more or less constantly a party going somewhere close 24/7 and people tried stealing things off our window shelf if the window was open, seriously, I "caught" people probing several times).

Then a couple of years ago we moved a few miles south of the centre, to a quiet residential area (and garage for the car, which had been standing on the street and almost rusted through). So, there's a bit of gardening chores, and we're a longer way from "everything"...nothing's perfect, but we (and our cats) love it here...seriously...

5. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

Don't know how it is safe to walk to the Tube station from flat 1, because I have never lived in that area...
    Another thing. We have huge traffic jams in Moscow. So it will take me about 20 minutes to go to the center from Flat 1 by car without jams and about 1 hour with jams (in the morning). The same situation in the evening if I go from the center to home...

Here is an image that will clarify.

Attached Files:

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Take Flat 2, the one that's closer to the centre.

You're young, and I'm sure you don't want to spend 2 hours per day in your car.

7. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i'd go for flat 2..

its nr the centre.. so will hold its money value when selling it later..

what does it matter if someone has lived there before?
    the older houses are way better than newer cardboard houses.. plus you get to decorate how YOU want it to be..

you also didn't mention if Flat 2 has any parking spaces at all..

8. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

It has but I will have to find it each time I want to park my car.. And moreover it is unguarded..

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Flat one. For the reason you have to sacrifice convenience for quiet, convenience for parking, convenience for cost...

Don't underestimate the importance of having some peace and quite when you need it!

10. alFR macrumors 68020

11. nikopolidis thread starter macrumors regular

Guys, please get big THANKS from me! :)
    I've made my choice. Surely, I was not going to choose relying on this poll because it should be MY choice but this poll really helped me as it just confirm that I've made the right choice! I have chosen Flat 1. ;)
    And I really happy with it! I will remove into my new flat next month! :rolleyes:
    Cheers! ;)