Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
mine:
attachment.php

Attachments

• a_avatar.gif
    a_avatar.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 414

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
I suppose it's never too late to point out that September 19th is National Talk Like A Pirate Day? :D So practice up!

Go here for tips on how to be a top-notch pirate! I've been talking like a pirate for the past two years!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Don M. said:
I've been talking like a pirate for the past two years!
Then why didn't you use piratespeak for your post here? :(

I worked so hard at piratespeaking all day April 1st that I'm not sure I'll be ready again by September.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
yellow said:
Frankly I miss the pirate theme. :(

I don't particularly miss it, but I was just a few posts of the required level to be an actual "pirate." I think I was a corsair or something. If we went back to the "pirate" theme, I'd really be a "pirate." Now THAT would be cool.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
Gar!

Contributor : Seedy Looking Prisoner
macrumors Demi-God : Seedy Looking Prisoner
macrumors Demi-Goddess : Seedy Looking Prisoner
macrumors 601 : Privateer
macrumors 68040 : Officer
macrumors 68030 : Bo'sun
macrumors 68020 : Coxswain
macrumors 68010 : Pirate
macrumors 68000 : Corsair
macrumors 65832 : Buccaneer
macrumors 65816 : Sentry
macrumors 6502 : Matey
macrumors regular : Sailor
macrumors member : Town Clerk
macrumors newbie : Crying Boy
Is there some explanation of what the titles under our user names/avatars mean somewhere (or what they are even called...are they titles, status, monikers, expertise level, longevity)?

All I can gauge, somewhat counterintuitively, is that the more you post, the newer the processor seems to get. One would think the more you post, or longer youve been here, the older your processor is... but then again the more your post, the more data you processed, I guess.

Anyway, I searched around and only found this old (pirate themed) discussion but cant seem to find an explanation of these processor type assignments anywhere.

I also found this thread, but am confused by it. IT does not seem to clarify the automatic assignments?

Thanks for any pointers to all you seedy looking prisoners! :D

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014

• Love
Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014

Thank you so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.