Math Program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dingdongbubble, Sep 24, 2009.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Hi :D

I just started university this year and for my math classes I was wondering if there was some program available which could help me to write down stuff on my Mac instead of taking notes and stuff. I am not looking for a complicated and advanced math program used for research and stuff but just a simple easy to use straightforward program. I have only one math course and its kind of basic so I repeat I am not looking for anything advanced. Think of it like a text editor like Pages but for numbers and math functions and math stuff.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you have Pages I think it comes with an Equation Editor built in (?). Otherwise look into installing LaTeX on your machine or buying Mathtype.

For equations, pen and paper is almost always going to be faster in the first place though.

3. Aramyth macrumors newbie

I'm using MathType. But I don't like that it costs extra. So I'm trying to find something else.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

LaTeX is pretty straight forward once you take some time to learn it.

Otherwise you're looking at MathType, which pretty easy to use, but it's slow [not to mention it cost money].

For math, I'd seriously advise you write your notes and if you have time you can type it up later on, but the important part is to write it all down first.