Math Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GeneKam, Feb 7, 2008.

1. GeneKam macrumors regular

Hey i also am looking for software that does all the calculations and graphing. Something like a graphing calculator. Sorry for dumb questions, but i have never used mac for general school work exept essays, most work that my mac has done was for art and photography.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Have you tried Grapher? It's in your Utilities folder.

...Granted, it's probably not quite what you're looking for, but it's worth a try.

3. GeneKam thread starter macrumors regular

wow lol i already have what i was looking for, kinda. Is there software taht incorporates graphic calculator into it, so all in one app

4. Slumbercub macrumors regular

Here is a good selection of Maths software and calculators.

5. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Try this...

... in Spotlight, look up "Grapher" in your Utilities folder.

This is what the app looks like =)

You can also do 3D view

EDIT:Oops, didn't see that someone already answered it =P

Attached Files:

6. ETID macrumors regular

I'm not sure whether this is helpful to your needs but I use Matlab (I'm an engineering student, not for fun!) by The Mathworks. Its also got a cheaper student version which I find fulfils all my needs.

7. BdON003 macrumors newbie

I think MATLAB might be a little too much for what you are looking for. Check out Mathematica. It pretty much works like a graphing calculator, but can do a lot more.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

How about Graphing Calculator? You might also look into LiveMath Maker. As others have already said, Grapher is bundled with every Mac.

9. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Attached Files:

10. GeneKam thread starter macrumors regular

hmm i some, they seem a bit to complicated in regard to function, especially Live Math, it has a terrible user interface, so far the best and the easiest things to use is Grapher that is build into mac, it satisfies the graphing needs, something similar to that, but a one stop software that does grapher plus a calculator. WEll if there is nothing like that i guess i have to keep switching. Most of the suggestions are great, but to me they are seem more advanced then i need and seem more for higher end users such as engineers. Thanks for all the help though guys, all of them seem great, but a bit to advanced for me :D

11. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You type in your function and make a menu selection; it graphs! What's so terrible about that? You're not even restricted to closed-form functions. Also, LiveMath Maker graphs in two, three, or four dimensions. That's right--you can watch the temporal evolution of time-dependent functions and save them as QuickTime movies if you like.