math + spotlight = problem? #2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Finlandboy, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

-i had posted this thread about a week ago, but i was in a hurry so i didn't think :)D) and put it in the wrong section, sorry, i still have this problem so i posted it again and hopefully here i can get some help

i have the latest version of leopard running on my powerbook, and i have loved using spotlight as a simple calculator and i haven't had a problem with it...... until now

i recently updated to 10.5.1 from 10.5, and now the calculator won't work, i can type in the first number (for example, 2) then a sign (+), then i go to type in the second number, and it freezes for about 10 seconds then it quits and restarts spotlight

and after that i can't bring up my dock (i use the hide function on the bottom of my screen) unless i right click on the desktop with my mouse

i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or just me, i know it's not a major problem but it bothers me and i was hoping someone knows how to fix it

thanx

2. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

I am not having any problems with math in spotlight but here is a link to some methods that fix it.

3. Finlandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

4. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

Wow, I've had a mac for a long time, and I had no clue you could do this!

You learn something new every day... Thanks guys!