Matt LeBlanc as new Top Gear presenter!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MadDane, Feb 4, 2016.

1. MadDane macrumors 6502a

I am one of the people that have followed Top Gear for the past many years. I was very sad when the show was cancelled, though I got really excited when I learned that Clarkson, Hammond and May are working with Amazon now.

Anyway, Top Gear has just presented Matt LeBlanc as a new presenter in addition to Chris Evans. Link: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/matt-leblanc-joins-top-gear

What do you guys think? I think that it is going to be very interesting having two competing motor shows. Twice as much to enjoy, if they both are good :D It will be interesting to see what both teams comes up with.

2. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Matt LeBlanc still has the "Joey" lad-cred, so he should be fine as a presenter of a show about boys and their toys.

3. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

4. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Wait they still make new Top Gear episodes. It seems all they make now are episodes marked as new which are just best of episodes showing a bunch of old clips. So I don't even bother watching them.

6. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

I have no interest in Top Gear anymore.

Now, when Hammond, May, and Clarkson's Amazon show is ready, I plan to lock myself in and watch every single one.

7. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Agreed; Clarkson is such a wanker he's fun to watch. Several years ago I tried watching the US version of TG. The "presenters" on that version had less personality than moldy bread.

8. sim667 macrumors 65816

Matt Leblanc and Chris Evans are pretty much my worst nightmare for people to watch on tele :(

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

And here (just for a brief moment) I was thinking what Top Gear would be like with Joey and Captain America as the "hosts". ;)

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Matt LeBlanc? Weird. I don't think he can convey that British humor and charm.

Clarkson really made the show what it was. The American version made me want to vomit it was so bad.

I look forward to Clarkson, May, and Hammond's new show. Smart move getting the band back together.

11. n8mac macrumors 6502

Same viewpoint as others here. I'll be watching Amazon instead of the BBC from now on.

12. DAC47 macrumors 6502

DAC47

mm interesting choice...o_O
    probably influenced by the fact that TG is one of The BBC's biggest selling shows internationally so having a famous face on board wouldn't hurt that.

At least they are trying to do something a bit different.
    I'll watch it
    for a few weeks at least!

13. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Agreed! Can't say I've got high hopes for it.

Waiting for the return of the original 3 on Amazon!

14. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

A damn colonial on the Real Top Gear!

I wont have it!

15. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Clarkson may have been a git with bad teeth, but at least he was entertaining.

16. MadDane thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree with those of you who said that the American Top Gear is horrible. However, I think that they are not going to try to mimic the original three with the new episodes but that they will try to find their own style.

(At least I hope so - otherwise I believe it will be a complete failure)

17. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

"How you doing?"

Can't see it working all that well tbh. As far as I know MLB is not a car man. Now we all know CE is. Especially Ferrari's.
    I guess they will just have to decide on the direction. TG hasn't really been a car show for years. But at least it was entertaining.
    I will probably try the new TG but not hoping for much.
    As for getting Amazon Prime? I think I'll probably not bother and catch the reruns on Dave.

18. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I believe he's a car (and bike, and motorsport) fanatic, but very much in the same way that Chris Evans is: both of them have been wealthy from a relatively young age, meaning that in the last 20-25 years neither of them has driven anything within the reach of us mere mortals. The show needs someone with a journalistic, 'road tester' background if it's not to degenerate into a multi-millionaire's p!ssing contest.

19. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

MLB is a car guy. He did set the record in Top Gear before.

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-new-host-matt-leblanc-is-a-legit-car-and-moto-1757076253

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

21. msp3 macrumors member

>impying top gear isnt already dead since the bbc fired clarkson

22. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I heard Eddie Jordon might be getting involved as well. Might as well rename it millionaires top gear!