Matt or mirror screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Papergeek, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Papergeek macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've got an iphone 3GS, no screen protector. Been using it without a screen protector since last October, no scratches. But I find that the screen is pretty sticky and as my fingers are sometimes oily, I find it difficult to use the screen. Finally, I am of course scared of getting any scratches :X

Okay, back to my question. I'm thinking of a matt finish because the protector feels smooth and less sticky. Also, there's less glare (pretty obvious). However, the mirror finish looks wayyyy too cool!!! And it can allow me to be vain at times :p

So yea, need some help and will really appreciate anything given!!!!!

PaperGeek :D

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

How about you let the other ball drop and pick the one you like best? If you need to come on a forum to help decide a simple thing like that, life is going to be pretty tough on you. Good luck.

3. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

@Papergeek I own a 3GS, too. The on-screen oleophobic coating does a good job when I've tried a crystal clear screen protector was a pain, a fingerprint magnet, awful. After then, I've tried the Power Support AntiGlare great feeling, finger never sticks to it. A good product, highly recommended.

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Matte FTW. I'm currently using Macmosphere's anti-glare screen protector.

5. Papergeek thread starter macrumors newbie

replies

@army91c
    hahaha i know.. but still i think it's better to get opinions

@alamperti
    hey thanks for the recommendation!

@greygray
    okayyy thanks!!

6. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Well, it really depends on what you're looking for. Are you wanting a screen protector just for protecting from scratches and such? Are you constantly worrying about how you look? Do you hate having fingerprints on your screen? I would say go with the Matt screen protector because you can actually use your iTouch when you go outdoors. With the mirror screen protector, it is a PITA to try and use. With my other screen protector that was anti-glare, it was very easy to use outdoors. Except for the nasty colors that show up when it's in the sun. If you live in an area that is cloudy most of the time, get the mirror screen protector. If not, I'd suggest getting the Matt screen protector. Glad to help you. :D :apple: