Matt screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MacAttacka, Apr 22, 2012.

1. MacAttacka macrumors 6502

I love reading on the new iPad but it's like reading thought a sheet of shiny glass. Is there a high quality screen protector that eliminates the gloss? I saw someone on a train using a protector on her iPhone that did just that and her screen looked like glowy printed plastic.

Any recommendations?

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

What they are trying to say is that yes there are matte screen protectors out there, but they ruin the display by making it less crisp, and grainy. With the retina display it's such a shame to spoil it.

3. oli356 macrumors 6502

You could say though any screen is a waste if you can't see it. Honesetly, these things are terrible in direct light.

4. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

i use the speck anti-glare screen. it doesn't make the screen grainy at all and not only does it cut down tremendously on the glare but minimizes the fingerprints and smudges that you see on unprotected screens.

wouldn't think of not using an AG screen on any ipad, retina display included.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You'll have to try some for yourself to see where you're willing to compromise. Not everyone does at the same point. The AG screen protectors all impact image quality to some degree. Some more than others.