Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I’ve back and forth about skipping the iPhone 11 in 2019. I’m kinda bored with my Note 9 and everyone hates on me cuz I’m the only green Android bubble not on iMessage.

I saw some pretty convincing designs and I’ve decided. That IF. The iPhone 11 meets a few criteria I’m getting it.

#1. Matte Black I’m talking OG iPhone 5 matte black.
#2. Squared off chamfered edges
#3. Vibration when texting Taptic feedback
#4. 6.4” OLED brighter more colorful
#5. Qualcomm LTE Radio (I was literally gifted a XsMAX and had to give it away cuz I never had any signal Intel Radios are trash)
#6. Samsung RAM
https://www.pcworld.com/article/341...aster-but-the-galaxy-note-10-wont-get-it.html
#7. Apple Logo Finger print sensor Touch ID back.
#8. Bluetooth 5.0 with aptXHD high quality audio codec (owned by Qualcomm)

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
1. iPhone 2020*
2. iPhone 2020*
3. iOS 14*
4. iPhone 2020*
5. iPhone 2020*
6. Don't know enough about this topic to comment.
7. ^ :-( doubt that's happening
8. iPhone 2020* / Don't know enough about this topic to comment.

* - maybe.

iPhone 2020 - the iPhone after iPhone 11. Fall of 2020.

Reactions: Mr_Brightside_@

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
It’s gonna be the same design except with an even more hideous camera bump.

Don’t know why you’re setting these unrealistic expectations, just asking to be disappointed. Especially when it’s been rumored for the longest that 2020 iPhone is the next major iPhone change not 2019.

ZeitGeist

Suspended
Mar 22, 2005
I saw some pretty convincing designs and I’ve decided. That IF. The iPhone 11 meets a few criteria I’m getting it.
Your choice, but if you, you will hate yourself in Fall of 2020.

Get yourself a nice iPhone 7 Plus for $250 to $350, enjoy being back on iOS, make your friends happy becoming a Blue Bubble, and buy the new much better model in Fall of 2020.

5. Qualcomm LTE Radio (I was literally gifted a XsMAX and had to give it away cuz I never had any signal Intel Radios are trash)
That had nothing to do with the choice of radio in the iPhone - either way, you did well in giving away the XS.

Reactions: ruslan120

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I’ve back and forth about skipping the iPhone 11 in 2019. I’m kinda bored with my Note 9 and everyone hates on me cuz I’m the only green Android bubble not on iMessage.

#5. Qualcomm LTE Radio (I was literally gifted a XsMAX and had to give it away cuz I never had any signal Intel Radios are trash)
#6. Samsung RAM
https://www.pcworld.com/article/341...aster-but-the-galaxy-note-10-wont-get-it.html
Clearly just a post to stir people up because none of those specs are rumoured or leaked for this year and some of them not rumoured for any future iPhone.

And re: the thread title, the days of iPhones selling out in seconds are gone. Even last year, the maiden outing of a plus sized face-ID, full screen iPhone didn’t lead to any significant delays despite pent up demand. Queues round the block and weeks and weeks of backorders in this age of incremental annual revisions and different consumer buying behaviour would only make Apple look inefficient and unable to deliver.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

#6. Samsung RAM

LOL!

You are dreaming. You and your Note 9 will be spending another year together.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

#6. Samsung RAM

FTR, nothing in Apples iPhone lineup launched has sold out in ‘seconds’ in the last three years. iPhones can be backordered with later ship dates, but they’re not sold out.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Definitely won't sell out in seconds...especially at that price point. I'm sure it will cost the same or more than my XS Max.

Since I always use a case, the color is not overly relevant.

I'm in the IUP, so we'll see...

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2017

#6. Samsung RAM
#8 you should consider Sonys LDAC @ 990kbps

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
#8 you should consider Sonys LDAC @ 990kbps
Already have this on the Note 9 on my Sony headphones and Bluetooth speaker delicious HD Audio.

Jobs would be rolling in his grave that Apple has worse audio than competitors. Lol

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Already have this on the Note 9 on my Sony headphones and Bluetooth speaker delicious HD Audio.

Jobs would be rolling in his grave that Apple has worse audio than competitors. Lol

Jobs never planned to do anything regarding audio quality on Apple devices.

Plus, I’m sure he’s got enough in his grave to keep himself busy rather than getting involved with the mortal world.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Clearly just a post to stir people up because none of those specs are rumoured or leaked for this year and some of them not rumoured for any future iPhone.

And re: the thread title, the days of iPhones selling out in seconds are gone. Even last year, the maiden outing of a plus sized face-ID, full screen iPhone didn’t lead to any significant delays despite pent up demand. Queues round the block and weeks and weeks of backorders in this age of incremental annual revisions and different consumer buying behaviour would only make Apple look inefficient and unable to deliver.
Yea the Apple App was being dumb about paying up my VZW Installment Plan (do they not allow it or was it glitched). All it kept showing me was full retail. Fooled with it like 15m or so and was still able to go to VZW App and get my Max with no issue.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
At least the camera bump will likely be so huge and ridiculous this time it will balance the phone so it won’t flop around if used on a table without a case.

ZeitGeist

Suspended
Mar 22, 2005
He already has been doing just that for the last 3 years - in fact, Apple is using the spinning corpse of Steve Jobs as a renewable energy source to drive all Apple facilities worldwide - a brilliant perpetually renewable resource that no competitor has access to.

OasisNYK

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
I don’t understand the desire to have squared off chamfered edges. I assume you mean like the new iPads?

IMHO if you don’t use a case, the rounded edges are much more comfortable to hold - e.g. no sharp edges. If you do use a case you won’t see them anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.