Matte Black iPhone with Apple Tan Leather Case!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jaybar, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

The combination of the matte black iPhone and Apple Tan leather case, does not get much attention. Many gravitate to the darker case colors, particularly black.

However, I find it to be a very elegant combination that offers a nice counter balance to the starkness and stealth blackness of the phone. I tried the phone with the saddle brown and much prefer the Tan. The Tan case has the additional benefit of making it easier to find the black phone on a dark surface. Check it out.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Was hoping a picture would be attached to post. :)

3. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

Same

4. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Here is one.

Attached Files:

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Motion carried.

6. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Here is another picture. Can you see it?

Attached Files:

7. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Nice....
    I'm thinking this is the case I'll go with as well...could you post a photo of the back of the case? On the Apple website it looks like more of a goldish tan rather than a true tan. Thanks!!

8. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Not until late tonight. Can I do that with only one iPhone ?

9. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

Got the saddle brown but now thinking I should've got this tan....

Wonder how it would darken/patina over time?

10. PieMac macrumors 6502a

I have the saddle brown for my 6S plus and love it but I'm really glad to see the tan offered this year...I've owned many natural tan leather products and they take on a really dramatic patina with use...more so than the saddle brown. With enough use it will eventually turn darker shades of brown.

11. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

Maybe i need to get both hahah

Would you say a new saddle brown would be how a tan would look further down the track?

Or would they both turn into a similar dark brown?

12. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

I had the Tan. Then switched to the saddle brown. It did not suit my needs and switched back to the Tan. With the Tan case, I found it much easier to locate the phone on a dark surface. This has proven to be an issue for me, having switched from gold/silver. This is my first black phone since 2012. The location issue has proven more consequential then I might have thought. Have g the Tan case does help.

13. PieMac macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you meant re: question about the saddle brown...spell check gone wrong? Lol

The tan has the potential to become just as dark as the saddle tan depending on use...if you want to give it a head start, use some leather conditioner or oil on it. I really prefer to let it just naturally evolve with time and use though.

14. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502a

Boardiesboi

Thanks for the response!

I meant would a darkened tan look similar to a brand new saddle brown (I was half asleep typing in bed lol)

Your second response answered the question tho! :)

15. PieMac, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

PieMac macrumors 6502a

Good! Also, if you condition it and place it in the sun, it'll speed up the darkening process even more.

16. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

I'd probably get an apple leather case if it covered the bottom of the phone.

17. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Brandon, why would you want to cover the bottom of the phone, if it has a speaker there? I suppose you could get a case with holes on the bottom, but why?

18. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

Cause what if I drop it on that part? Wouldn't it damage the bottom of the phone?

19. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

The lower left and right corners are protected. Unless you drop it on a surface that is bumpy or protrudes upward, I would immagine the case should suffice.

I have used Apple leather cases for years without incident.

It also depends on your preferences. Cases that really protect the phone, all over and under a variety of conditions,can add both bulk and weight. I like the Apple cases, ecause they offer some protection without adding much bulk/weight. I like where Apple has made the trade off. Others may choose differently.

20. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I might look into getting one. Or look at one in person at bestbuy.

21. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

Does anyone know what is covered under the 1 year warranty for the Apple leather cases? Has anyone gotten a replacement beyond the 14days usage?