Matte Black MacBooks ever?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CharlesXT, Dec 13, 2016.

1. CharlesXT macrumors newbie

Anyone think the MBPs will come in Matte Black soon? Seems curious that the iPhone 7 did away with the space in favour of two blacks, but then the new MBPs a month later introduce grey for the first time but no black.

I'm thinking they bring the matte to the Macbooks sometime in the spring, and maybe the MBP after? But the again, why not launch with them if they had the anodizing tech figured out?

2. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

I honestly don't think a new color MBP will be coming out anytime soon. On the remote chance they do have a new color, it would probably be in maybe a year or two's time, probably to coincide with a planned hardware/spec bump. I don't think Apple has ever released a new color out of the blue for any of their hardware. I'm sure they want to see how well these things sell to begin first and foremost.

3. Precursor macrumors 6502

Precursor

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Or like Apple ;)
    Capto_Capture 2016-12-14_06-54-53_AM.png

5. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

6. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

I had that up until Snow Leopard

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah it was a great laptop, and while they're making pink MacBooks, I wish, they'd bring back the black model with a white logo (I know, I'm asking too much).

8. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

I gave mine to my daughter after I bought my first MacBook Pro. She used it for quite a few years, and then the logic board went out on it. I wish I would have put the money in to it to get it fixed, but oh well. I wish Apple would retro some of their machines, like Nike does their shoes!!